We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Hairdresser scoops award

Posted by naileye at Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A TRAINEE hairdresser at Weston College has scooped an in-house apprenticeship award.

Hannah-Marie Martin, aged 15, has won Hairdressing Young Apprenticeship of the Year for a 1940s hair cut she styled.

The Worle Community School pupil beat 12 other students to win the competition at Weston College.

She said: "I was so shocked to win but really pleased.

"I enjoyed the competition as it gave me a chance to use my creative side and I am quite proud of the final result as it was exactly what I wanted it to be - original and personal to me."


Students in the school competition were given the task to create a hair design and write a personal statement.

Second place went to Hattie Bayliss, aged 14, of Nailsea School and third place went to Karla Flynn, aged 15, of Wyvern School.



Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...